2012 marks the 30th anniversary of Epcot, and artist Stephen Christ has commemorated the occasion by creating some really slick looking Epcot posters. With posters dedicated to Epcot’s 30th Anniversary, Spaceship Earth, World Showcase, and 8 other classic Epcot attractions, Stephen is offering a chance for other Epcot fans to purchase his work through Kickstarter. The Kickstarter project has earned well more than its $5000 goal, so all pledges of $10 or more will receive some type of reward, ranging from postcards to actual silk screened posters. If you want to add some really cool Disney World artwork to your collection, you should act fast. This Kickstarter ends on August 20th. Continue reading for more details.
In case you’ve never used Kickstarter before, its a way for artists and inventors to crowdsource funding for their project. They put up a goal of how much money they need to produce their project, and, if enough people donate enough money, the project will get funded. If they come short of their goal, nobody is charged. The Epcot 30th Anniversary Poster project has been funded, and the artist is using his Kickstarter campaign as a way to purchase the posters.
If you pledge to this Kickstarter by August 20th, you’ll get some type of prints of these posters. Here are the pledge levels, as stated on the Kickstarter page:
- Pledge $10 or more: A miniature version of the original set! You get a set of postcards that contains all 11 original EPCOT posters. (Add $10 for international shipping)
- Pledge $25 or more: Celebrate 30 years! You get a special, signed 15“x24” poster silkscreened with metallic inks just for the 30th Anniversary. (Add $15 for international shipping)
- Pledge $35 or more: Poster + Postcards! You get the previous two rewards together: The silk screened 30th Anniversary poster and the pack of postcards. (Add $15 for international shipping)
- Pledge $100 or more: In addition to the postcards and the 30th Anniversary poster, you get to pick 3 other posters from the collection! So that’s 11 postcards, 1 special silk screened poster, and 3 other posters! (Add $20 for international shipping)
- Pledge $150 or more: In addition to the postcards and the 30th Anniversary poster, you get to pick 5 other posters from the collection! So that’s 11 postcards, 1 special silkscreened poster, and 5 other posters! (Add $20 for international shipping)
- Pledge $250 or more: Now we’re talking! You get the 30th anniversary poster plus ALL 11 original EPCOT posters, along with a set of postcards! This is the cheapest way to own the entire set of prints. (Add $25 for international shipping)
If you want to read more about what went into the process of making these beautiful posters, or if you are interested in pledging to this project, be sure to check out the Epcot Enter 30th Anniversary Poster Art by Stephen Christ Kickstarter page.